From your first pelvic exam to your first delivery, from mammography to menopause, the Women’s Health care team at Pen Bay Medical Center excels at listening and responding to whatever comes up. We’re ready for real conversation about what’s best for you.
Call for an appointment: 207-921-8900
- Women’s Health and Wellness—MDs and Certified Nurse Midwives available
- Pelvic Exams
- Cervical Cancer Screening
- Breast Health, Education and Support
- Gynecologic Surgery
- Menopause Management and Support, both traditional, i.e. hormones and non-traditional, i.e. herbal supplement information
- Pelvic floor support both surgical and non-surgical
- Accredited gynecologic ultrasonography, on site
- Pre-conceptional health & support
- Infertility/Family Planning
- Pregnancy test
- Pregnancy options
- Miscarriage support & counseling
- Ectopic pregnancy (tubal)
- Accredited Ultrasonography
- MD always available
- Collaborative Care for high-risk pregnancies
- Integrated Behavioral Health Specialist, specific to Women’s Health
- Private labor and delivery suites
- Family-centered birth and c-section experiences; skin-to-skin encouraged the first hour post delivery
- Hydrotherapy and water birth
- Anesthesia services
- A full schedule of breastfeeding, birthing & sibling classes & support groups available
- PostPartum clinics and Well Baby visit, within 48 hours of discharge
- All mandated newborn screenings (hearing, cardiac and blood spot)
- Safe & secure environment for you & your baby
- Lactation support
- Car seat rental program
- Breast pump rental program
The Birth Center at Pen Bay Medical Center offers a variety of Childbirth Education classes.
Breastfeeding Basics is a two hour class that provides a pre-birth opportunity to ask questions and learn about coping with breastfeeding and returning to work. $17 for mom and partner. Pen Bay Physicians Building, Conference Room D. Classes are held on the first Thursday of each month from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Please note no class is held in August.
Hypnobirthing. Mothers and their partners learn techniques for safe and satisfying birthing through guided imagery, visualization and special breathing. A tour of the Birth Center is included. $102 for mom and partner. Held in the Pen Bay Physicians Building, Conference Room C. Classes meet Thursday for 5 weeks from 6:00 to 8:30 p.m. Please visit the events calendar for up to date class schedules.
Sibling Program. Children will learn about newborns and how to interact with them. Some safety lessons will be shared along with a discussion of their new roles as big brothers and big sisters. This class is by appointment only, please call 921-8345 to schedule. Registration is free.
Postpartum Follow Up. The postpartum follow up is a private visit with a nurse who is a Lactation Consultant to check on mom and and baby. The appointment is scheduled at the hospital for one to three days after discharge. By appointment only, please call 921-8345 to set up a time.
Please click here to download the 2017 Childbirth Education Class Schedule.
- Family Planning
- Contraception Management
- Adolescent Care
- Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) testing
- Same day appointments available
- Always confidential and private
Please take a moment to listen to our radio message about Women’s Health.
Listen: “The whole you”