Our comprehensive offerings for seniors provide healthcare, housing and lifestyle options to suit your needs and provide peace of mind, both now and in the years to come.SKILLED NURSING & REHABILITATION
Our skilled care centers feature the services of an onsite physician, 24-hour licensed nursing care, as well as rehabilitation services including physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy (including swallowing), respiratory therapy, and restorative therapies. This group of clinicians works closely with the Social Services, Activities, and Dining Services teams to carry out the plan of care established by your physician.
Independent Living – Cottage Homes and Apartments
Assisted Living – Traditional Care and Specialized Assisted Living for individuals with memory loss.
For more information, visit www.quarryhill.org or call 207-921-6100.
The Knox Center and Quarry Hill both offer compassionate long-term nursing care services delivered by highly trained professionals. The Knox Center also provides specialized long-term care for individuals with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of memory loss.
Yes, There Is a Doctor in the House!
Pen Bay’s Senior Services Physician Specialist (SSPS) and nurse practitioner are dedicated exclusively to caring for the residents of Pen Bay’s two senior communities— Quarry Hill and The Knox Center. We are proud to be the first organization in Maine to offer this innovative service to our residents.
Respected internist Dr. Richard Kahn is Pen Bay’s Senior Services Physician Specialist. Dr. Kahn completed his undergraduate studies at Rutgers University and received his medical degree from Tufts University School of Medicine. He has served the midcoast community since 1972.
Nurse practitioner Denise Tailby, ANP, has years of experience in caring for older adults. She received her MSN from the University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth and a post-master’s nurse practitioner certificate from the same institution. She is board-certified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
What will it mean to you to have access to an onsite Senior Services Physician Specialist and nurse practitioner?
Consider these advantages:
- Choice. Residents may elect to see the SSPS or any primary care physician of their choosing.
- Convenience. In any kind of weather—fair or foul—patients of our onsite physician rest easy, knowing they have access to medical attention when they need it, without having to leave the facility.
- Cost containment. Controlling healthcare costs benefits everyone—and savings, in the form of improved efficiency, fewer avoidable hospitalizations, and reduced transportation costs, are the icing on the physician-specialist cake.
- Expedient care. Having an onsite physician practice bypasses common economic and logistical obstacles that make it difficult for many primary care providers to visit their patients in a nursing facility. As a result, nursing-care residents who choose the SSPS option while at Quarry Hill may enjoy more frequent visits with the doctor and a swift response to emergent medical concerns.
- Reduced hospitalizations. Timely attention from an onsite physician means fewer avoidable hospitalizations.
- Unified care. SSPS patients benefit from our team approach. From the doctor to the nurses to the therapists, all perspectives are considered in developing each person’s individualized care plan and in making sound medical decisions.