Pen Bay Healthcare provides comfort, care and support to people in their homes through Kno-Wal-Lin Home Care & Hospice. The services provided by Kno-Wal-Lin can help you to maintain your independence and stay in your own home by providing the help you need. We serve the residents of Knox, Waldo and Lincoln counties with offices in Rockland, Belfast and Newcastle.HOME HEALTHCARE SERVICES
Determining the best plan for your care or for the care of a family member can be complex, especially under the strain of an illness. Our staff is available to answer your questions and discuss services that would be helpful. Most of our services are funded by MaineCare, MediCare and private insurance plans. No one is denied the care necessary for their health and safety solely on the basis of ability to pay.
Call 1-800-540-9561 to learn how Kno-Wal-Lin can help.
Skilled Home Care
- Nurses, rehabilitation therapists, social workers & home health aides
- Chronic disease management
- Diabetes & nutrition education
- Intravenous (IV) therapy
- Wound, ostomy & continence management
- Pediatric & telehealth programs
- Visiting volunteers
Help at Home
- Private duty nursing
- Personal care assistance, such as bathing
- Assistance with daily activities
- Homemaking chores such as laundry & light cleaning
- Companionship services
- Lifeline through Philips Medical Alert Services
- On-call service 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week
A telehealth unit can:
- Take your blood pressure and oxygen levels
- Monitor your weight, pulse and temperature
- Record & monitor your blood sugar
- Report specific symptoms you may be having, such as shortness of breath or leg swelling
- Provide you with education on your illness
Pediatric Home Care
We care for health conditions such as:
- Congenital abnormalities
- Acute & chronic lung problems
- Cardiac abnormalities
- Post-operative needs
- Injuries & trauma
- Advanced or life-limiting illnesses
Kno-Wal-Lin’s Household Helpers program offers reliable, honest and professional workers to help you with a variety of tasks around the home. These services are not covered by insurance, but instead are billed at a reasonable hourly rate.
Call 1-800-540-9561 to find out what else we can help with!
We can help with:
- Cooking & shopping
- Cleaning & organizing
- Yard & lawn care
- Moving furniture
- Rides to doctor’s appointments
- Household chores like watering plants
- Walking the dog or feeding the cat
- Decorating for the holidays
- Installing handrails in the bathroom
- …and more, just ask!
Palliative Care at Home
Kno-Wal-Lin offers in-home palliative care for patients with an advanced or life-limiting illness who are continuing to receive active treatment for their disease. Kno-Wal-Lin provides palliative care whether you are in your own home, or reside in an assisted living or long term care facility. For information about inpatient palliative care services at Pen Bay Medical Center, click here.
Palliative Care Provides
- Specially trained nurses, social workers, home health aides and rehabilitation therapists.
- Excellent pain and symptom management.
- Assistance with medical, emotional, social and spiritual concerns.
- Education regarding treatment options and goals.
- Coordination of care with your physician and other healthcare providers.
- Consultation with a physician certified in palliative care.
Our palliative care staff can also help with the delicate issues surrounding advance directives, end-of-life care, and transitioning to hospice if and when appropriate.
Call 1-800-540-9561 to learn more.
Hospice Care at Home
Kno-Wal-Lin offers in-home hospice care for patients and their families who are facing a life-limiting illness and are no longer receiving active treatment for their disease. Kno-Wal-Lin provides hospice care whether you are in your own home, or reside in an assisted living or long term care facility. For information about inpatient hospice care at Pen Bay Medical Center or at Sussman House, click here.
Hospice Services Provide
- Hospice trained physicians, nurses, social workers, chaplains, hospice aides and volunteers.
- Excellent pain and symptom management.
- Focus on quality of life and helping you to live as well as possible for the time remaining.
- Complementary therapies such as massage, reflexology, music therapy, reiki and acupuncture.
- Bereavement services up to 13 months after a patient’s death.