Press Releases: Read our latest press releases »
Emergency Communications: In the event of a public health emergency, information for the media will be posted on the home page of our website and at Pen Bay Healthcare’s Emergency Info facebook page.ACCESSING PATIENT INFORMATION
Phone: (207) 594-6703
Information involving patients who come to Pen Bay Medical Center as the result of matters of public record (vehicular accidents, fires and the like) is released to the news media by the Marketing & Communications office.
To reach the Director of Marketing & Communications, call 207-594-6703.
Information can be requested about a specific patient by name. The hospital can confirm the presence of the patient. A condition statement may be given.
- Satisfactory. Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious and comfortable.
- Fair. Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious but may be uncomfortable.
- Serious. Vital signs may be unstable and not within normal limits. Patient may or may not be conscious. Patient is acutely ill.
- Critical. Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits. Patient may not be conscious.
- Treated and released. Patient received treatment but was not admitted.
- Treated and transferred. Received treatment. Transferred to a different facility. The facility will not be named without patient authorization.
In some cases, the patient or the patient’s authorized representative may ask that information not be released. Additionally, Pen Bay Healthcare defers to law enforcement officials with legitimate needs to withhold details from the media.
Maine law and federal privacy regulations place constraints on the way in which patient information may be released. Pen Bay Healthcare, and all of its entities, intends to comply with all applicable laws.
Phone: (207) 594-6719