Helping You Stay Healthy
As a regional Center of Excellence, Pen Bay Urology is dedicated to informing the community about urologic concerns and their prevention. Some of our educational events include:
- Annual free prostate cancer screening programs.
- Wellness lectures to civic organizations.
- Patient seminars on preventative health measures.
- Medical staff discussions at PBMC and other Maine hospitals on urologic cancers, kidney stones, benign prostate voiding problems, incontinence and impotence.
We know that sometimes it helps to have the support of someone who knows first-hand what you are experiencing. Through our liaisons with the American Cancer Society, American College of Surgeons and local support, we can help you gain the knowledge and understanding you need to stay healthy.
What can you do yourself?
- Drink plenty of fluids
- Know your family medical history
- Maintain a low-fat, high-fiber diet
- Limit caffeine and alcohol
- Stop smoking
- Avoid excess calcium
- Get plenty of exercise
What you should know
- Laboratory testing for prostate cancer can lead to an important early diagnosis of a life-threatening cancer.
- Incontinence of urine need not be something you live with after childbirth or as you age.
- Erectile Dysfunction should be discussed with your doctor and your significant other.
We're here to listen to questions about your wellness and to help you find answers. From state-of-the-art equipment to community discussions on preventative health measures, Pen Bay Urology is dedicated to supporting your health and improving the quality of your life. Please call (207) 593-5400 if you have questions.
This service belongs to the following categories (click to expand):
This service is offered by the following organizations: