Phone: (207) 594-9561
Tollfree: (800) 504-9561
Our volunteer program at Kno-Wal-Lin has been serving the counties of Knox, Waldo, and Lincoln for more than 20 years.
The volunteers visit Kno-Wal-Lin patients in need of companionship, transportation or respite for their caregiver.
Our Volunteer Coordinator matches the right volunteer to fit your situation. All volunteers receive special training and come from within our communities to help our patients.
Jane Burke, Visiting Volunteer.
Click here for more volunteer photos.
Service provided by our dedicated volunteers:
- Visiting home bound patients
- Providing companionship and transportation to home bound patients
- Assisting with office work and mailings
- Kno-Wal-Lin Auxiliaries ( Knox, Waldo, & Lincoln Counties)
- Implement fundraising activities
- Assisting nurses at Flu and Foot Clinics
- Volunteers make medication boards, disposable pads, bed jackets & walker aprons
- Professional Advisory Committee members
For more information, please contact Volunteer Coordinator Joy Chamberlin at (207) 594-9561.
Our volunteers are trained to be part of our home care service. If you are interested in becoming a hospice volunteer, please contact Coastal Family Hospice Volunteers at 593-9355.
New Online: Volunteer forms
These forms can be viewed for information or printed for use by KWL.
- Kno-Wal-Lin Volunteer application -- click to view
- Background check form -- click to view
This service belongs to the following categories (click to expand):
This service is offered by the following organizations: