Introducing Pen Bay's Newest Arrivals! Visit the Online Nursery
At Pen Bay, we connect you not only to your family doctor but to an entire care community designed to help you and your family through all of life’s important stages.PEDIATRICS
Pen Bay Pediatrics: 207-593-5600
- Well child exams
- Sports physicals
- Same-day sick visits
- Extended hours & convenient appointment times
- Care coordination
- ZING! Program
- On-site counseling
A medical home is a team approach to providing health care. As your child’s medical home, we are a central resource for their health and wellness.
How it works:
- Your child’s primary care doctor or nurse leads a care team dedicated to them. This team may include nurses, specialists, counselors and other professionals.
- We organize your child’s complete health record including lab results, visits to specialists and hospital stays so nothing is overlooked.
- You have access to you child’s complete health record online through MyChart. Ask your doctor how to sign up.
Monday – Thursday: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Find A Doctor hotline: 207-596-8200
We are here to help you and your family all of your healthcare needs, from routine checkups, to same-day sick visits and treatment for complex medical conditions. Find a family doctor.
Pen Bay Creative Learning Center: 207-596-8700
We provide a high-quality early care and education program in which children, families, and staff are supported, respected, and provided with opportunities to thrive. We welcome Pen Bay Healthcare employees and their families as well as families from the local community. Our program serves children ages 6 weeks to 5 years.
Location & Hours
Conveniently located on the campus of Pen Bay Medical Center in Rockport.
Open Monday-Friday, 6:45 am – 5:30 pm.
We have a staff of caring, committed, well-respected teachers, many of whom have been with the center since we opened in 1990. All of our teachers hold either a Child Development Credential (CDA) or post-secondary degree and participate in continuing education on topics related to child development.
Program & Curriculum
Our facility is fully licensed by the State of Maine and has achieved Step 3 (of 4) on Maine’s Quality Rating System. We follow The Creative Curriculum in all classrooms, providing a rich, well planned and varied program which integrates learning into children’s play. We track each child’s development in all areas (physical, cognitive, social-emotional, and language) and share this information with families. Children graduate from our preschool/prekindergarten program ready for kindergarten and beyond!
We’d love to have you visit us, please call 207-596-8700 to schedule a tour!
Zing! at Pen Bay Pediatrics: 207-593-5639
Zing! at Waldoboro Family Medicine: 207-832-5291
Zing! is a positive, encouraging program that helps children and their families learn healthy habits. We work with children ages 6-18 who have been referred by their doctor’s office because of weight and health concerns.
How it works:
- We will work with you and your child to set goals and create a plan to help them be successful.
- The Zing! team is lead by a Pediatrician and a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner. Other members of the team may include a registered dietitian, physical therapist, behavioral health specialist and other professionals. Each of these specialists will help you & your child set realistic, achievable goals.
- You will have regular meetings with your child’s provider to talk about the program and see how your child is doing. We offer a variety of fun activities like cooking classes, group exercises and field trips!
- Zing! providers teach how the “5-2-1-0″ message makes it easy to make healthy choices.